Article processing charges (APCs)
Earth System Science Data is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (preprints are free of charge).
|Price per journal page||Description|
|Category 1||currently waived||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||currently waived||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template|
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- inclusion in the Copernicus Online Library;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.